when i'm walking the dogs, driving the kids somewhere, working in the yard, washing dishes, folding laundry, or doing anything else in the world besides writing, i craft mental masterpieces. the words flow like a river.
when i sit here, in front of this blank page, thinking of you - my 3 blog readers, i freeze. i can't write a word, or everything i write sounds like complete gibberish, written by a donkey.
and i think i just figured it out - it's about expectations. my expectations of what I should be doing; my expectations of what you want to read; my expectations of what my blog should look like.
i realized that i'm writing for you, not me. sorry, but it really is about me (as i've always expected)! i over think it when i'm trying to write what i think someone elses wants to read. when i write from my heart, the writing flows.
i also have the usual litany of 'beat down':
- my blog should have a theme.
- i should write only about these types of things or those types of things to be consistent.
- no one really wants to hear about this.
- my blog isn't as good as someone else's blog.
- i should have pics - really great pics.
- i should have a better design.
and the list goes on and on and on and on.
so how about this. how about i just write? hopefully you'll be able to find a nugget of truth that you can relate to. thanks for sticking with me through this journey.