Monday, December 24, 2012

A Holiday Wish

I have written about 10 blog posts in my head since my last post, but I have not managed to get back to Blogger to get anything actually posted. This, being my first Christmas with two small children, has thrown me for a loop! My list of things to do has sky-rocketed and my time and energy reserves are plummeting! However, I wanted to post this while it is still fresh.

We were in the grocery store this weekend, wrapping up some last minute items, and in the check out line, my 4-year-old pointed to the front of a magazine and said "Look that looks like me!" Sure enough, it did look just like his goofy little smile. Then I noticed what it was.

I don't know if it's ok to include this image, so I'll take it down if I need to. I do have it linked .

I started crying right there in the checkout line at the grocery store. I just couldn't help it. I couldn't bear the thought of those families bearing this Christmas without their precious little ones. I couldn't bear the thought of having to deal with bedrooms that looked like a child would be returning to it at any moment, and Christmas presents wrapped and under the tree or hidden away from excited little hands and eyes. Most of all, I couldn't bear the thought of my child's picture on that magazine cover.

Please remember these families through your holiday celebrations. Close your eyes and quietly send them the love and strength that you gain in sharing the holiday with your family. Send a breath of peace to hold their sad, shattered hearts.

Merry Christmas - I am closing my eyes right now, sending YOU love and peace as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment